Ms. Velasquez provides overall clinical leadership. She ensures that programs deliver the highest quality of service to all clients across the organization.
She started her career in the human services field in 1974 as an intake worker at Eagleville Hospital in Pennsylvania. Since 1982, she has been with Gaudenzia for a total of 28 years. From that time, she has worked with various populations in the field, including substance use disorders, women and children, mental health, victims of domestic/sexual violence, dual diagnosis, homeless people, community corrections, and prison.
Throughout her 40-year career, Ms. Velasquez has done much to advance the treatment and awareness of substance use disorders through her work and teaching. In 1983, she became a Pennsylvania-certified trainer and consultant. She lectures on a variety of subjects, including substance use disorders, relapse prevention, female offenders, cultural diversity, program development, and more. She also served as an adjunct professor at Harrisburg Area Community College, Lincoln University, Eastern University, and Penn State University.
Other certificates and certifications include:
- Pennsylvania Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC) awarded by the Pennsylvania Certification Board
- International Certified Criminal Justice Addictions Professional awarded by the Pennsylvania Certification Board
- Advanced Certificate in Cultural Competency for Human Services from Temple University
- Certificate for completion of Strategic Perspectives in Nonprofit Management from Harvard Business School
- Management Certificate from Messiah College
- Executive Leadership Certificate from Bryn Mawr College
Velasquez holds a Master in Human Services degree from Lincoln University.