Addiction Treatment Resources and Facts
Gaudenzia champions the importance of research in the field of addiction treatment and recovery services. Below is a sampling of helpful resources to assist people wishing to learn more in depth about the industry:
- Gaudenzia is a member of the World Federation of Therapeutic Communities and Treatment Communities of America, consortiums of thousands of treatment programs, providing an array of integrated services for those with substance use and mental health disorders.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's(SAMHSA) mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities.
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) conducts research on drug abuse and addiction in order to improve prevention and treatment and to inform policy.
- A component of the Executive Office of the President of the United States, the Office of National Drug Control Policy advises the President on drug-control issues, coordinates drug-control activities and related funding across the Federal government, and produces the annual National Drug Control Strategy, which outlines Administration efforts to reduce illicit drug use, manufacturing and trafficking, drug-related crime and violence, and drug-related health consequences.
Gaudenzia's professional affiliations include:
- Drug and Alcohol Service Providers of Pennsylvania (DASPOP)
- Maryland Addiction Directors Counsel (MADC)
- Pennsylvania Recovery Organizations Alliance (Pro-A)
- The Philadelphia Alliance